- Filing is available for 3 different settlement classes
- Extensive Frequently Asked Questions are provided
- Claims can be submitted online or sent by mail
The class action lawsuit titled Michael Kelly v. Business Information Group, Inc. has recently come to settlement terms in hopes to resolve allegations that the Defendant violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act when conducting background checks for potential employment. Those who believe they are eligible to receive payment from the settlement fund can begin by going to www.kellyvbigsettlement.com. Upon arrival at the settlement page the Online Claim Submission tab can be clicked to proceed with the filing process (please note that online filing is only available for the Automatic Payment and Rule 23 (b)(2) Subgroup classes). It is important to point out that both a 9 PIN and a Notice ID will be needed when filing an online claim (click the Submit Claim Form tab when ready to file). Once the claim form has been successfully completed a copy will be sent to directly to the filer via email correspondence (it’s always a good idea to save a copy for the records – in other words don’t immediately send it to the trash bin!).
More Information on the Kelly v. Big Settlement
- October 9th, 2018 is the deadline to file a claim, request an exclusion, or object
- The Final Approval Hearing is currently set to be held on November 1st, 2018
- The settlement fund for the Automatic Payment class is valued at $1,500,000
- The settlement fund for the Rule 23 (b)(2) Subgroup class valued at $500,000
- The class type is listed on the header of the settlement notice (needed for filing)
Those who decide to file by mail must make sure the paper claim form is filled out to completion and postmarked no later than the October 9th, 2018 filing deadline. Questions about the settlement can be addressed by reviewing the Frequently Asked Questions found under each of the three settlement class tabs at www.kellyvbigsettlement.com. Those who didn’t find what they needed in the FAQs can try calling 800-687-0139 for further assistance.
Address to Send Paper Claim Forms
- PO Box 23678, Jacksonville, FL 32241-3678
Another Settlement to Look Into