Checking Your Amex Gift Card Balance Online
- You’ll need information from your card to begin
- The portal provides sample images for assistance
- A Frequently Asked Question list is also provided
- You can also contact Amex customer care for help
One of the most important things you should know about your gift card can’t be found in the fine print. In case you haven’t guessed, we’re talking about the HOW MUCH MONEY is left on the card. Fortunately, when it comes to gift cards from American Express, this is a fairly simple task. In order to find your balance, simply enter your card’s number, expiration date, and 4 digit code shown on the front. Once you enter all 3 pieces of information you can sign in to confirm that elusive balance (no more playing the guessing game on how much gas station snacks you can buy!).
More Information on Amex Gift Cards
- These handy little spending machines can be used both at stores and online
- You won’t have to worry about a pesky expiration date as there is none!
- When making a purchase choose the “credit” option not the “debit” option
- Don’t try using it at an ATM as you CANNOT receive cash out
- The cards cannot be used for recurring payments (probably a good thing)
- It’s even easier than completing an American Express Balance Transfer
While on the topic of payments, we should mention that you can split them between the card and another form of payment. However, if you plan on doing so, please tell the cashier BEFORE beginning the transaction. You can find additional information on making payments by clicking the Help link to bring up an extensive FAQ list.
In addition to the FAQs, you can also get help by contacting American Express Customer Care by phone or through the mail. However, if you purchased your gift card at
Target you will need to dial 833-792-5087 (apparently Target customers have their own personal line!).
Amex Gift Card Balance Customer Care
- PO Box 826, Fortson, GA 31808
Check Your Balance – www.amexgiftcard.com/balance
More American Express Content – Redeem an American Express Credit Line Increase