David Jones: Activate an American Express Store Card
- Customers can enter card information to begin
- The portal provides a Frequently Asked Questions list
- Cardholders can contact David Jones customer relations
While it may be cool to look at, a retail card doesn’t do a shopper much good until it’s been activating. Perhaps that’s why many cards now offer an easy online activation process. For example, those who have picked up a David Jones American Express card can now complete this process at the online account activation page (www.davidjones.com.au/activate). In order to begin, it will first be necessary for the customer to enter the 4 digit ID shown on the FRONT of the card (unlike the other 3 major credit cards, American Express places the number on the front). Once the cardholder enters the ID, they can proceed with entering their 15 digit card number. Finally, if all the information looks correct the customer can click the Confirm button to continue with the activation process.
A Few Things to Know About American Express Accounts
- Customers can request paper statements (because estatements don’t always cut it!)
- Each Amex card can only have ONE billing address (pick the most used address?)
- Cardholders can open up a billing inquiry if an unfounded merchant charge turns up
- Charges in foreign currency may not show up in pending transactions
While on the topic of accounts, it should be pointed out that Cardholders can click the Frequently Asked Questions link posted at www.davidjones.com.au/activate to review more information. In addition to the Frequently Asked Questions, the card activation page also provides links for other important American Express topics (ATM locator, corporate cards, online services, etc.).
A Brief Look at David Jones
- Founder David Jones opened the first store in Sydney in 1938
- In 1890 David Jones released its first catalog (time for mail orders!)
- The store opened a 2nd David Jones location to celebrate its 100th anniversary
- David Jones has 35 stores, 2 warehouse outlets, and an online retail service
Customers with questions about a David Jones American Express card can try calling the number located on the back of the card. In addition to the number found on the back of the card, customers can dial 1300 132 639 to report a card that has been lost or stolen (call immediately if this happens!). Meanwhile, customers can send payments for a David Jones retail card to GPO Box 3798, Sydney NSW 2001. Finally, those with general questions for David Jones can try contacting the store’s customer relations department.
David Jones Customer Relations Address
- 65-77 Market St., Sydney NSW 2000
More Information on American Express