How to Claim Your Flagship TCPA Settlement
- The settlement provides filing online and through the mail
- Class Members can review the FAQs for information
Alleged Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) violations are common occurrences in the world of class action law suits. As an illustration of such an event, we now turn to the case known as Ward v. Flagship Credit Acceptance LLC. The case was filed over allegations by the Plaintiffs that the Defendant made use of an automatic telephone dialing system and prerecorded voices when placing calls to cell phones. However, it should be made clear that the Defendant denies that it violated the TCPA or any other law. Nevertheless, both sides have agreed to settle the matter to avoid the risks and costs of further litigation.
Things to Keep in Mind About the Flagship TCPA Settlement
- Class Members must make sure they file their claims by the February 25th, 2019 deadline
- February 25th, 2019 is also the deadline for both exclusion requests and objections
- The Fairness Hearing will be held on March 26th, 2019 (decides whether to approve it)
- Class Members must have receive the calls between May 5th, 2013 and September 18th, 2018
- The $4 million settlement fund is quite a bit less than that of the DAI-FACTA Settlement
Class Members who wish to file electronically can do so by going to the online filing page and clicking the File a Claim link. Meanwhile, those who wish to file by mail can send a completed claim form directly to the settlement’s PO Box (the claim form can be downloaded at the online filing page).
Those with questions about the settlement can start by reviewing the Frequently Asked Questions included in the long form notice. In addition to the FAQs, Class Members can also reference the information provided on the short form notice (the postcard received in the mail).
Flagship TCPA Settlement Filing Address
- PO Box 205, Claysburg, PA 16625-0205
Online Filing Page
Another Recent Class Action Settlement